We usually need a baking oven or micro-oven to bake a cake. But what if we don’t have them? Well, pressure cooker is a common kitchen appliance in Indian household but can we make cake in pressure cooker? YES! We can. This little kitchen buddy can easily deliver from chocolate to fluffy cheesecakes and many more.
Can We Make Cake in Pressure Cooker: 2 Methods
Little twists and tricks is enough to make cake in pressure cooker. In this part, we will get into those details. It’s a relief for us that the most common item of any celebration can be made with an easily available kitchen appliance.
First of all, we can only make sponge cakes in pressure cooker. I have used two methods to do it. I am also sharing a process of making a batter, in case you are new to it. Otherwise, you may skip it to the steps to make sponge cake in pressure cooker.
Making the batter: Chocolate Oreo Sponge Cake
What we need:
2 Medium Packet Oreo
Chocolate Bar as per your Choice
2 Table spoon Sugar
1/4 Table Spoon Baking soda
5 Table Spoon Milk
What we need to do:
- break the oreo biscuits in 3-4 pieces
- Put it in the mixture grinder and make a powder out of it
- Now pour it in a bowl
- Now put 2 TSP Sugar, 1/4 TSP Baking Soda, 5 TSP Milk
- Mix it well till there is a silky texture and your batter is ready
After the cake is ready, melt the chocolate bar and brush it on your cake as per your choice.
🎂 Method 1: Putting Pressure Cooker Directly onto Oven 🎂
This is the most widely used method to make cake using pressure cooker. for it you need a bowl that you can put into your pressure cooker. The bowl should be of steel or aluminium.
- At first grease the bowl with oil, don’t put too much of it. Just enough to make the bowl non sticky.
- Now put the batter in the bowl and tap well to adjust it.
- Put enough salt or sand in the pressure cooker so the lower part of the bowl don’t get to touch the surface of the cooker. You can also just use a heat stand.
- Now put the pressure cooker onto low flame for 5 minutes
- After that put the bowl into the cooker, let it bake for 45 minutes. Also on low flame. Your cake is ready
Here’s how much salt you should put before putting the bowl in your cooker.
🎂 Method 2: Putting Pressure Cooker Directly on Tawa 🎂
This is a less popular way of making cake in pressure cooker. For it you need a non stick pan or tawa large enough to place your cooker on it.
- Put 4 teaspoon oil in the cooker and brush it well from lower surface to mid level.
- put the batter into it and tap well to adjust
- Now put the tawa onto oven and heat it for 5 minutes on low flame.
- After 5 minutes put the cooker on tawa/pan and let it make for 30-40 minutes and your cake is ready.
It’s great option to bake a cake in Pressure cooker. It can save money as an already available household appliance can be used; also it saves us from complexity. With the steps mentioned above, we can easily make cakes in a pressure cooker.
Rai is a happy-go-lucky girl from India. She loves cooking and experimenting new recipes every now and then. She manages all the content here at Cooker King. She aims to help the community by suggesting best cooking appliances and providing best cooking related tips.